Unlike most RV Dealers and Renters, West MI RV provides comprehensive and collision Insurance coverage for the Motor Home itself subject to a $1000 deductible. You do not have to endorse your auto policy to cover the motor home for the rental period. Nor do you need to purchase expensive special comprehensive and collision insurance in the case where your auto insurer will not cover a rental motor home on a personal auto policy.

Please be aware that for liability losses involving third persons occurring in Michigan, We are responsible only up to $20,000 for bodily injury or death to one person and $40,000 for bodily injury or death to 2 or more persons in any one accident, and only if you or a member of Your immediate family were operating the Vehicle at the time of the accident. You may be liable to us up to the same limits, and you may be liable to injured third persons for amounts in excess of those limits.

The current status of the insurance regulations and the insurance protection available to Renters and Lessors creates this exposure for any renter in the state of Michigan.

Be sure to check with your Auto Insurer to verify that you are protected for third party liability under the “Rental Vehicle” provisions of your Auto policy.

If your auto insurer is one of the few that does not cover your third party liability when renting a motor home, the Insurer used by West MI RV will provide $1 million in third party for about $13 per day.

Please contact us if you have any questions.